Stowe believes in partnerships and responsible business. As a result, we would like to detail Stowe Procurement’s Governance commitment and compliance regarding Eco Friendly-Electronic Waste Disposal. In accordance with both internal and external policies, we can confirm that Stowe is complying to the governed Electronic waste disposal policies.
These are the elements which are all followed by Stowe whenever any Electronic waste is recycled/ or disposed of for any of our Corporate Clients:
1. Regulatory Compliance: Compliance and enforcement of all regulatory requirements by SA Government.
2. Prevention of Pollution: Identification and prevention or minimization of any pollutants in all areas, attributable to processes conducted by a Contracted Recycler
3. Continual Improvement: Continual improvement with regards to the recyclers’ overall environmental performance and the methods utilised for disposal, by using the current policy as a basis upon which to build and focus future objectives and targets.
4. Certification: ISO Certification is received with every Batch of electronic waste, which is scrapped.
5. Our Recyclers have been Legislatively approved as compliant with:
a. EWASA (e-Waste Association of South Africa)
b. BBEEE Compliant: Level 1
c. Permit in Terms of Section 20 of the Environment Conservation Act 1989 (Act no 73 of 1989)
d. Precious Metals Refining License approved
(All of the above available on request)
Valuable to know is that these Eco friendly disposals form part of our Procurement – Value Added Services to our Corporate Clients, at no additional cost. As a client, should you require any certificates from our suppliers for your own accreditation purposes, please contact us and we will gladly pass the relevant documents on to you.